Creamy Chicken and Mushroom
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 package (8 oz) of baby bella mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsps of flour
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 stick of butter
- Olive oil to coat pan
- 1 cup broth
- 1 cup half and half
- Parmesan cheese
- Seasonings to taste: salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper
Creamy chicken and mushrooms
- Season your chicken breast with your seasonings of choice and let them marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add oil to coat pan and sauté chicken.
- Move chicken to the side for now and remove any burnt pieces from the pan.
- Sauté mushrooms and move to the side.
- Add butter to a pan and let melt.
- Add onions on low heat and allow to carmelize for 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add flour and stir until well incorporated. About 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth and stir, allowing the mixture to slightly thicken.
- Add 1 cup of half and half and parmesan cheese. Feel free to add an extra cup of half and half to make more sauce.
- Add seasonings to taste.
- Chop medium pieces of chicken or leave the chicken breasts whole.
- Add chicken and mushrooms to cream sauce and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- For garnish and added flavor add parsley.
- For leftovers, just reheat and add a little water and butter (optional).
- You can also cook pasta noodles of your choice, add more half and half and cheese and have creamy chicken and mushroom pasta for lunch.